Functional Capacity Testing
Clear Your Employee for Work with a Functional Capacity Evaluation
AOS can provide a functional capacity evaluation for any employee in order to determine their ability to perform labor from medical, physical, and behavioral standpoints. Our functional capacity evaluation is flexible to allow for adaptation across industries, but stringent enough that you can trust our results.
Why Administer a Functional Capacity Evaluation?
AOS may provide the functional capacity evaluation to for a variety of reasons, including:
- To demonstrate a prospective employee’s work readiness
- To provide baseline data for any necessary rehabilitation related to occupational injuries
- To clear employees for work after an occupational injury or health problem
- To help employees and employers develop work goals
- To help companies develop safe workplace guidelines
- To provide necessary documentation for disability claims
- To assist physicians with evaluating impairments
- To identify necessary job modifications
In order to gauge an individual’s work readiness, AOS may conduct a variety of tests within the functional capacity evaluation, including an intake interview in which medical history and health information is collected, a musculoskeletal evaluation, physical demand testing, material handling evaluation, non-material handling evaluation, simulation of tasks related to the particular job, and psychological evaluation. Following completion of the functional capacity evaluation, we will share a report detailing the individual’s strengths and limitations in regard to their work readiness.
AOS can conduct a comprehensive, accurate and reliable functional capacity evaluation to ensure employees are ready and safe to begin or return to work. Contact ARCpoint Occupational Solutions for more information about our functional capacity evaluation, occupational health service, wellness program, background screening or any of our other services that could benefit your company.